Editing an existing sheet metal model’s bends, rips, and joints using the Sheet metal table creates a Modify joint feature in the Feature list. Edit this feature as you would any other; right-click the feature entry to access the context menu.
Editing an existing sheet metal model’s bends, rips, and joints using the Sheet metal table creates a Modify joint feature in the Features list.
For example, open the Sheet metal table and flat view. Then edit one of the joints in the Bend/Rip table. The Modify joint feature is automatically added to the Features list. Close the table. Double-click the Modify joint feature to open its dialog. The modified joint is already added in the Joint field. You can select this field and then select an alternate joint, if required. Confirm the Joint type: Bend, Rip, or Tangent. For bends, check Use model bend radius to keep the model properties default for the radius, or uncheck and specify a new bend radius.
Click the checkmark to accept the modified joint.
After converting a bend to a rip (using the table commands, explained above), a Modify joint feature is listed in the Feature list. You can right-click and Edit this new joint:
- Right-click the Modify joint feature in the Feature list.
- Select Edit.
- In the dialog:
- Confirm the joint edge you want to modify (the Entity) or select a different one.
- Confirm the Joint type: Bend or Rip.
- For bends, keep the model properties default for the radius, or uncheck that box and specify a new Bend radius.
- Click to accept changes.
The Modify joint feature appears in the Feature list, indicated by this icon .
When a sheet metal model is active (in the process of being created or edited), additional tools are available:
- Flange - Create a wall for each edge selected, connected to the selected edge with a bend.
- Hem - Create a hem for each edge/face selected, on an existing sheet metal part.
- Tab - Add a tab to a sheet metal flange.
- Bend - Bend a sheet metal model along a reference line, with additional bend control options.
- Make joint - Convert the intersection of two walls into a joint feature, either a bend (walls joined by cylindrical geometry) or a rip (small gap between two walls).
- Corner - Modify a corner type and relief scale.
- Bend relief - Modify a bend relief (the small cut made where the bend end meets the free edge), depth and relief width.
- Modify joint - Make changes to an existing joint, such as converting a bend to a rip. Currently available through the flat view table.
- Sheet metal table and flat view - Open and close the Rip/Bend tables and the visualization of the sheet metal model flat pattern. Use this table to convert rips to bends and vice versa.
- Finish sheet metal model - Closes (deactivates) the Sheet metal model; creates a feature in the Feature list.