Managing Your Onshape Enterprise Subscription
Onshape Enterprise is Onshape’s premium product offering designed for sophisticated product teams who need to work fast without losing control of data.
For pricing information, see https://www.onshape.com/en/pricing.
Onshape Enterprise is a specific plan type available from Onshape which enables a company to purchase a plan for multiple users with consolidated billing. When you purchase Onshape Enterprise, you receive a particular domain where the users in your company can access Onshape. Your Onshape domain is specific to you and inaccessible by other, unrelated Onshape users. Only the users specified and paid for by your company are allowed access to your enterprise.
When working within an Enterprise in Onshape, be aware that you are in a separate, managed environment that has a subtle difference from other types of Onshape subscriptions. The Enterprise environment is owned and managed by an Enterprise Administrator and can include many users, called Members of the Enterprise.
All users belonging to a specific Enterprise plan access Onshape through a single URL, specifically for their Enterprise.
Every Onshape Enterprise user has access to their particular Enterprise's account as well as an individual account. If you sign in using cad.onshape.com in lieu of your Enterprise URL, you'll find yourself in your own account. You are able to use this account to create Onshape documents that are separate from the Enterprise and not seen or managed by the Enterprise. Regardless of what platform you use, when you sign into Onshape you access this individual account first unless you use your specific Enterprise URL. Use the User menu > Switch to <enterprise name> to switch your sign in to the Enterprise account.
Once signed in to your Enterprise account, you see primary areas of access:
- Activity - Browse all Onshape activity of your Enterprise users from simple changes made to documents, to viewing and responding to comments, and even viewing the differences (diffs) between versions of documents. If you are not an administrator of your Enterprise account, you see only your own Activity stream. See Monitoring User Activity.
- Documents - Access the Documents page on your mobile device. See Documents Page.
- Analytics - Onshape provides dashboards for a variety of categories of information. Each user sees and has access to only the reports that their Global permissions allow. The main page lists off the dashboards available to you depending on the Global permissions associated with your account. See Accessing Analytics.
All users in an enterprise have access to User account settings and also have view access to the enterprise settings. The Administrator has the ability to make changes to the subscription (and app subscriptions) and edit some enterprise/company settings.
The Account menu, located under your name in the upper-right corner of the interface, allows you to access:
- My account - Where you can manage and maintain your Onshape account, set preferences, notifications settings, security and more. See My account settings for detailed information.
- Enterprise settings - View the account setting for your enterprise; enterprise admins can change these settings. See Company/Enterprise settings for detailed information.
- View support tickets - View any support tickets you have submitted. If you would like to submit a support ticket, look in the Help menu (the icon to the right of your name in the upper-right corner of the interface).
- Sign out - Sign out of and close your Onshape session.
When you sign in to your Onshape Enterprise account on an Android device, you first provide the email address of your account. On the next sign in page you select which account you wish to sign in to, a private account or your Enterprise account.
If you select a non-enterprise account during sign in and wish to switch to an enterprise account:
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Switch to <enterprise> in the menu.
You see a message asking if you want to sign out and switch domains.
- Tap OK to switch to the enterprise account or Cancel to remain in the current account.
- If you switch to the enterprise account, you are prompted to sign in again.
Onshape will remember this state the next time you open the app.
Once you are signed in to your Onshape Enterprise account, the Activity page is displayed.
At the bottom of the page are icons/links to the additional Onshape Enterprise areas: Activity, Documents, Analytics, Notifications, and Settings.
If the Enterprise subscription is canceled, all users are downgraded to the Free subscription and all documents owned by them remain private. However, the private documents are not editable on the Free subscription. Make the private documents Public in order to edit them: right-click on the document in the Documents list and select Make public. Any documents owned by the company become accessible only to the Administrator of the original plan and other Free plan users cannot access them. The document and folder hierarchy is transferred as-is to the owner, and projects are converted into folders and are transferred to the owner.
It is essential to downgrade to a Free subscription if the user wishes to delete their account. The user can attempt to delete their account. but they must follow up with their administrator to request a downgrade to a Free subscription to then delete their account. To initiate this process via the iOS app, navigate to Settings > My account > Delete my account. The user will then be informed to downgrade.
Onshape is here to help you. Contact our Support team the same way you normally would:
- Click the
in the top right corner of the interface and select
You are able to ask a question, suggest an enhancement, or report an issue.
- If you choose to share your document with Support, the Onshape Support team will be able to jump in and help you in real time.
For an additional Learning center resource, follow the technical briefing article here: Company Organization In Onshape (Onshape account required), Onshape Enterprise Quick Start Guide (Onshape account required), and Enterprise FAQ (Onshape account required).