The Document toolbar is available in all Onshape documents (aligned horizontally with the Onshape logo).
Below is an outline of the functionality available:
- Onshape or company logo - Click the Onshape logo (or your company logo if you are part of an enterprise account) to return to the Documents page from anywhere in the system.
- Document menu - Click this icon to open a menu of commands available for the active document and workspace.
- Document name (bold; Mirror in the example image above) - The name in bold is the document in which you are currently working.
You can change the document name by clicking on the current name and typing a new one.
- Workspace name (light gray; Main in the example image above) - The name of the workspace in which you are currently working.
- Copy link - Copy link to the document, including the active configuration, render mode, exploded view, panel states, and view orientation.
- Folder name - If the document is located in a folder, the folder name is listed to the right of the folder icon. The folder is also a link. Clicking the link opens the folder in a new browser tab.
- FeatureScript notices - Click to see any notices sent by the FeatureScript compiler.
- Notifications - Displays notifications alerting you to document changes.
- App Store - Click to access (and sign into, if necessary) the Onshape App store for purchasing apps that partner with Onshape.
- Learning Center - Click to access the Onshape Learning Center (in a new window tab) that offers recorded webinars, technical briefings, and self-paced learning pathways.
- Share - Click to open the Share dialog and make the active document accessible to another user or team and select permissions for those users to have on this document.
- Help menu - Open the Help menu to access: the online Help system, Learning Center (same as the Learning Center button), FeatureScript documentation, a listing of product keyboard shortcuts, a list of What's New for this release, forums, contact Support, check your system for compatibility with Onshape's requirements, and information about this version of Onshape.
- User account menu - Access your account preferences and other settings through this menu. For more information see, Managing Onshape Accounts.
If the current document is Public, additional icons are available:
Public document - Indicates the current document is public.
Copies - Indicates total number of current document copies. See Share Documents for more information.
Links - Indicates total number of current document links. A link is when the current document is inserted into other documents. See Linking Documents for more information.
Likes - Indicates total number of likes. Click the icon to like the current document.
The Document menu contains the following commands:
- Rename a document - Provide a new name for the document.
- Move to
- Select a folder to which to move the currently open document.
Keep in mind that when moving a document from one root folder to another, the ownership of that document is transferred to the owner of the folder into which it is moved. The Share permissions also change to be inherited from the new root folder.
- Document properties - Enter a description for the document; this description displays on the Documents page, in the Detail panel. If you have access to Release management and have Onshape's workflow enabled, this box also includes a Not revision managed checkbox to indicate that this document and its objects not be included in any Release management workflow. You can also assign a category for the document here.
- Copy workspace - Create another document with a copy of this workspace in it. The original and the copy are not linked in any way. The copy is opened automatically to the same tab that you were on in the original document.
- Copy version - When you are viewing a specific version of a document, this command appears in the menu. Create another document with a copy of the currently open version in it. The original and the copy are not linked in any way and no release metadata is included in the copy (except for Part numbers, if they exist in the source version).
- Workspace / Version properties - When you are viewing a specific workspace or version of a document, the appropriate version of this command appears in the menu. View and/or edit the available properties (including a list of tabs, parts within the tabs, descriptions, part numbers, revision numbers, states, and more). If Release management is enabled, and automatic part number generation is also enabled, there will be an icon to automatically generate a part number for each part.
- Workspace units - Set the default units for the open workspace. Default units set for a workspace affect all Part Studios and Assemblies in that workspace, all values displayed in sketch dimensions and all other numerical fields (for example, in all feature dialogs). You can set default units for all documents (and workspaces within a document) created through your account in your user profile. Note that the default unit setting has no effect on imported files.
- Print - Print the graphics area of the active tab.
- Close document - Close the document.