Exporting a Drawing
This functionality is currently available only on browser.
This functionality is also available on iOS and Android in a limited form.
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types:
CSV (for Drawing Inspection item lists)
To set up Export rules for drawings, including exporting the inspection symbol count of a drawing, see how to set the preference in your account under Managing Your Onshape Plan and how to use export rules in this topic, below.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. If selecting Custom sheets, enter a range or the sheet number(s).
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.
- If exporting to PDF, select whether to export text normally, or as selectable text.
- Indicate whether to export splines as polylines, available for all formats except PDF.
- Indicate whether to explode the text upon export, if desired.
- Select what to do with the export file:
- Download the file only
- Download the file and store the file in a new tab in the document
- Email with file download link
- Store the file in a new tab only.
- Store in an integrated app (Google Drive, for example), if appropriate.
- For DWG, DWT, and DXF exports, you can check the box to Set z-height to zero and normals to positive. This sets the z-height/direction of any hole normals to be positive (+1) for drawings with view geometry.
- When you initiate the export, a blue message bubble appears at the top of the window:
You also get a notification when the export is complete:
- Drawings exports are simplified output that is readable by most DWG readers.
- To export notes as polylines, you can also use the Explode command on the Note context menu.
- Image properties are not available for embedded images on imported drawings.
- To export a drawing with notes containing strike-through text, select Version 2013 in the dialog.
- To export the Inspection symbol count to an ordered CSV file of all the inspection symbol labels:
- Click Export on the drawing context menu
- Select Inspection list from the Format dropdown field
- Specify a file name for the export file
- Select a download option and click Export.
In Mobile, you have the ability to export Onshape drawings to the following types of files:
The export function presents the opportunity to select the desired format; when the translation is finished, the file is also downloaded to your device.
- Tap the overflow menu in the drawings tab
- Tap Export
Use the arrows to the right of each subject to change your export preferences.
- When you are finished choosing your preferences, tap Export.