Cut List Table
- Click .
- Select to insert the cut list of the composite part created by the Cut list tool in the Part Studio. You must have created the cut list in the Part Studio prior to using this tool in the drawing, and have a composite part in the Part Studio:
- Select which corner of the table to set as your fixed corner at the bottom of the dialog (as shown below).
- Click in the drawing space to place the table.
The default anchor point in Onshape is the upper right corner of tables.
There is no need to click directly on the point once it is visible. While moving the mouse to place the table, you'll notice thin, dashed lines as the cursor passes near other entities. These are inferencing lines that you can align the table to; simply click when you see the line appear to align the table to that line.
You can access the reference for the table through the Views properties.
An inserted Cut list table can be edited like any table in Drawings. Click the edge of the table to select the entire table; grab one of the middle grab points to move the table. Right-click with the entire table selected to access these commands:
- Cut list table properties - To open the properties panel for Cut list
- Split cut list - To split a cut list after the selected row
- Change configuration - When a configuration exists, use this command to select a different configuration. The cut list updates, but be aware this has no effect on the views. To change a view configuration, right-click the view and select Change configuration.
- Copy - To place a copy of the table on the clipboard
- Move to - (Border frame, Border zones, Title block, Drawing)
- Bring to front - Bring the selected table to the forefront of the display
- Send to back - Send the selected table to the background of the display
- Move to sheet - To move a table to another, existing, sheet of the drawing
- Clear selection - Unselect the currently selected table
- Zoom to fit - Zoom the drawing to fit in the window
- Delete - Delete the currently selected table
Once the table is inserted you can:
- Use Shift+click to select more than one cell.
- To select a row, click the first cell and Shift+click the last cell in the row.
- To select a column, click the first cell and Shift+click the last cell in the column.
- Click and drag an edge to resize the table.
You can right-click in the table and select Size and choose from resizing Columns equally and resizing Row equally. Click and drag a horizontal or vertical midpoint to resize the table.
To resize the rows and columns on both sides of the cell edge, without resizing the table, hover your cursor over the top or right cell edge, and when the cursor changes to a double-sided arrow, click and drag the line and drop it in the new location. To resize only the row or column of the selected cell, and have the rest of the table resize, hover your cursor over the bottom or left cell edge, and when the cursor changes to a double-sided arrow, click and drag the line and drop it in the new location.
To resize the column width or row height numerically, select a cell, right-click and select Resize to open the Resize dialog. Enter the new Column width and Row height measurements.
- You can click on the mid-points of a table to automatically size to fit the contents of the table.
- Single-click in a table cell or row to activate the Cut list table toolbox:
Right-click on a row in the table and select Split cut list table below to split the table into two tables immediately below the current row. To undo the operation, right click on the second table and select Unsplit cut list table. You can split a table multiple times:
You can drag and reposition each table to a new location (click and drag a corner) and perform all editing and formatting operations on each table.
Double-click in a table cell to open the cell formatting panel:
Size columns equally - Resize all selected columns to the average width
Size rows equally - Resize all selected rows to the average height
You can access these commands from the context menu when at least one cell is selected:
All of the text formatting commands available in the Note panel are also available in the cell formatting panel.
Right-click the edge of the table and select Delete.
Select the table, then right-click and select Cut list table properties to open the Properties dialog for that table:
If there is more than one sheet in a drawing, you can move the cut list table between sheets by selecting the dropdown arrow next to Sheet, and selecting your preferred sheet.
To change the organization order of the table, select the drop down arrow next to Order, and select either Top to bottom or Bottom to top.
To adjust which corner of the table is your fixed corner, click your preferred option at the bottom of the table: