Sketch an ellipse, parabola, or hyperbola by defining start, end, and control points, and a rho value.
This functionality is currently available only on Onshape's browser platform.
In the Sketch toolbar:
- Click .
- Click to indicate a start point.
- Click to indicate an end point.
- Click to indicate a control point.
- Enter a rho value.
For example, various rho values yield different shapes:
- Greater than 0.5 yields a hyperbola shape
- 0.5 yields a parabola shape
- Less than 0.5 yields an elliptical shape
Was this article helpful?